One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Draught beer brewed and stored in the traditional way, maturing naturally in the cask from which it is served.Compare with keg beer
- ‘She said customers travel from all over Yorkshire to the store and that the rotating cask beer, which sells in four or eight-pint pitchers, is a firm favourite.’
- ‘Inspectors - who visit pubs anonymously - check cask beer for temperature, appearance, aroma and taste.’
- ‘Its cask beer is the fastest-growing brand in the market and the volume of sales has gone up by 50% in the past four years.’
- ‘There is a common misconception that cask beer is intended to be warm, whereas in reality it shouldn't even be tepid, yet alone warm.’
- ‘With this in mind we have developed a delicious, full-flavoured cask beer that captures all the flavour and character of classic English ale but combines this with consistent refreshment and a younger, more stylish image.’
- ‘Excessive faith was also placed in cash crops, DDT, myxomatosis, nuclear power, irrigation schemes, tower blocks, factory fishing ships, mindless production lines and replacing cask beer with keg.’
- ‘But the star attraction - cask beer and bottled ale at sensible prices - had never changed.’
- ‘Unusually for a cask beer, it draws most of its consumers from lager drinkers, a fact which may hold the key to its seemingly unstoppable success.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.