One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a great deal of money available to spend.‘cash-rich companies are rushing to build their portfolios’‘many cash-rich, time-poor Britons have largely given up cooking from scratch’
wealthy, affluent, moneyed, cash rich, well off, well-to-do, with deep pockets, prosperous, opulent, substantial, propertiedView synonyms
- ‘For the sake of the broader economy, the hope would be that cash-rich firms won't just buy up other companies.’
- ‘The cash-rich company has diverted attention from its lack of new products with blockbuster payouts.’
- ‘They don't need to borrow because they're cash-rich.’
- ‘The strong performance of luxury brands has made them a target for cash-rich buyers seeking recognition as well as returns.’
- ‘In many divorces, the more powerful cash-rich parent often influences their children in how they treat the other parent and the parent's family.’
- ‘The gut of this team was ripped out by cash-rich clubs with ambitions that now lie way beyond Arsenal's station.’
- ‘This company is not alone in suffering from increasing competition for assets from cash-rich national oil companies and for industry project "action" from the increasingly influential oil services sector.’
- ‘Cash-rich banks still won't lend to families and firms despite borrowing £4.4 billion.’
- ‘Gangsters, flushed from their cash-rich casinos, fled to the sunny beaches of Florida.’
- ‘With $45 billion in cash and only around $16 billion in long-term debt, the company is another cash-rich tech company that a dividend investor can rely on for yield.’
- ‘The actor plays the surgeon who is more interested in getting himself in media limelight and gathering money for the cash-rich hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.