One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a book) hardback.
- ‘Above that is my small case-bound sketch-book complete with elastic band to hold it shut against the water-buckled pages that are eternally anxious to escape.’
- ‘The collection is available in a deluxe case-bound double-CD package or a limited triple-gatefold vinyl edition, in addition to the usual jewel case format.’
- ‘A dozen case-bound copies and 4 thousand soft-cover copies were bound by a plant in the northwest.’
- ‘This is because most hardback books are case-bound in leather or cloth and you have to laminate the cloth or cover before binding in order to print reproductions.’
- ‘I'm enjoying sketching, mainly in pen and wash, in my small Winsor & Newton case-bound book.’
- ‘The contract has come at an opportune moment because we are in the process of building a new 6,000 ft factory behind our works, in order to expand our production capacity of casebound books.’
- ‘Our book will be what is called a casebound book, which refers to the fact that the case will be covered before it is adjoined with the text block, as opposed to after, as in, e.g., fine binding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.