One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the science or practice of drawing maps.‘he started his own cartographic printing company’
- ‘Western cartographic conventions began to displace indigenous traditions in most of Asia.’
- ‘In more surveying, he filled in some of the cartographical gaps left by Captain Cook.’
- ‘In 1707, he started his own cartographic printing company.’
- ‘The superior results from some applications challenge even the most deeply rooted norms about the construction of cartographic knowledge.’
- ‘Areas where native peoples live have some of the poorest cartographic coverage in their respective states.’
- ‘The mathematician's study might be considered an important site of contention for the various schools of recent cartographic criticism.’
- ‘Taken alone, they were insufficient for standard, cartographic mapping.’
- ‘Two historical circumstances render this questioning especially relevant to an understanding of the cartographic rhetoric of Ulysses.’
- ‘Without sufficient resources for the countrywide initiative, they focused on the need for better cartographic coverage of specific areas.’
- ‘He says the whorls remind him of a cartographical system still undiscovered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.