One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rough track or road over farmland that is unsuitable for ordinary vehicles.
- ‘Getting back to civilisation - after three hours a cart track would have filled that slot - was no mean feat.’
- ‘Yagodina, is at the end of the road - a very bumpy road, at times no better than a cart track.’
- ‘We had left the town of our arrival two days before, and all that afternoon had followed the cart track that wound its way around the hills.’
- ‘The terrain includes cart tracks, stone stiles, rough moorland and broken stone tracks.’
- ‘Don't be surprised if the bus makes a sudden detour off the road to take what could at best pass for a cart track.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.