One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small portable bed for a baby.
cot, cradle, bassinet, moses basketView synonyms
- ‘Louis took the tired baby from her arms and tucked him into the carrycot that stood close to the bed.’
- ‘Her dad John and stepmother Lynn bought a pushchair and carrycot, while her mother Sue went shopping for baby clothes and other equipment.’
- ‘Babies may also travel in a fastened carrycot with hard sides.’
- ‘Sven lifts the infant out of his carrycot and places him against his shoulder.’
- ‘Anyway, I took James upstairs and settled him in his carrycot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.