One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small portable bed for a baby.
cot, cradle, bassinet, moses basketView synonyms
- ‘Sven lifts the infant out of his carrycot and places him against his shoulder.’
- ‘Anyway, I took James upstairs and settled him in his carrycot.’
- ‘Louis took the tired baby from her arms and tucked him into the carrycot that stood close to the bed.’
- ‘Babies may also travel in a fastened carrycot with hard sides.’
- ‘Her dad John and stepmother Lynn bought a pushchair and carrycot, while her mother Sue went shopping for baby clothes and other equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.