One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Perform a task.‘we're carrying out a market-research survey’
conduct, perform, implement, execute, discharge, bring about, bring off, effectfulfil, carry through, implement, execute, effect, discharge, perform, honour, redeem, make goodView synonyms
- ‘All services have to be carried out with reasonable care and skill.’
- ‘The operation will be carried out while you are under general anaesthetic.’
- ‘Both units will remain open until a review of services has been carried out.’
- ‘Many investigations have been carried out to study the effects of dehydration on physiological function.’
- ‘We were there to do an important task and to carry it out to the best of our ability with the equipment we had.’
- ‘However, they had no information on who carried out the actual ambush.’
- ‘Our inquiries are being carried out strictly in accordance with UK law and procedures.’
- ‘One thousand telephone surveys have been carried out by an independent market research company as well as getting feedback and comments from local people.’
- ‘Our society can only benefit from archaeological exploration if its work is carried out with a deeper respect for the ancient dead.’
- ‘It is a difficult job and only trained and experienced individuals can effectively carry it out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.