One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extend beyond the original area of application.‘his artistic practice is clearly carrying over into his social thought’
- ‘He hopes his team's newfound attitude will carry over to the season's remaining games.’
- ‘That ability to conquer challenges carries over into other areas of life as well.’
- ‘The better I play, the more it will carry over to the World Cup.’
- ‘That practice carries over into some modern secret society initiations, where participants are hooded or masked to conceal their identities.’
- ‘This trend will be big over the Christmas holidays and carry over into spring 2002.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.