Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extend beyond the original area of application.‘his artistic practice is clearly carrying over into his social thought’
- ‘The better I play, the more it will carry over to the World Cup.’
- ‘This trend will be big over the Christmas holidays and carry over into spring 2002.’
- ‘That practice carries over into some modern secret society initiations, where participants are hooded or masked to conceal their identities.’
- ‘That ability to conquer challenges carries over into other areas of life as well.’
- ‘He hopes his team's newfound attitude will carry over to the season's remaining games.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.