One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A conspicuously marked small shallow-water shark with barbels around the nose or mouth, found in the Indo-Pacific region and the Red Sea.
Family Orectolobidae: Orectolobus and other genera, and several species, including the wobbegong
- ‘I did see a wobbegong or carpet shark but I was out of film as usual.’
- ‘I know it's not the stuff of heroes, being bitten by a ‘carpet shark‘.’
- ‘The man, 22, was snorkelling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle when the carpet shark attacked his leg.’
- ‘He even went in and marked the position of frogfish (they call them anglerfish) and carpet sharks by tying off glowsticks to the nearby coral!’
- ‘Huge abalone, crayfish, dogfish, beautiful seahorses, blue cod, southern pigfish and carpet sharks are just some of the inhabitants to look out for.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.