One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company which manufactures cars.
- ‘The carmaker is pulling ads from certain publications.’
- ‘After years of leading us on, carmakers roll out the first generation of off-road-ready hybrids’
- ‘Chinese carmakers such as Chery Automobile Co. are also casting an eye to the region.’
- ‘The carmaker says gas electric hybrid engines will be available in half of the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup.’
- ‘U.S. carmakers got into a price war five years ago to overcome the sagging sales.’
- ‘Some carmakers also have been bumping base prices in increments so minor, most prospective customers don't notice.’
- ‘However, there is still room for carmakers to reduce prices as domestically produced cars still cost more than those imported from overseas.’
- ‘Analysts say Proton's best hope for survival is a partnership with a foreign carmaker.’
- ‘Those are powerful advantages, considering how savagely mass-market carmakers are discounting.’
- ‘As they did earlier with small cars and luxury sedans, foreign carmakers have jumped to a quick lead with more car-like SUVs.’
- ‘Its automotive consultancy advised Nanjing Automotive, the Chinese carmaker, on its recent purchase of the assets of MG Rover.’
- ‘Computer modeling simulations of technical systems will also be key, and most carmakers are already working to perfect them.’
- ‘J.C. Herz, the digital-culture writer, once told me a couple of years ago about a consulting visit she did to a major carmaker.’
- ‘Volkswagen, Ford Motor and Toyota Motor are among the other foreign carmakers that have also applied to lend money to China's car buyers.’
- ‘Foreign carmakers will make and sell whichever models they wish and set up nationwide dealerships and service networks.’
- ‘To help drivers see better, some carmakers are offering new options like bumper sensors.’
- ‘So new front windshields are treated to absorb harmful rays, though carmakers don't usually coat side and rear windows.’
- ‘Two of the biggest carmakers are putting their rivalries aside and teaming up.’
- ‘The fourth mainland carmaker planning to sell shares, Guangzhou Automobile aims to become one of the three big car manufacturers on the mainland.’
- ‘At the recent Auto Shanghai 2003, Nanjing Fiat grabbed three awards, the most among carmakers participating in the show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.