One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company which manufactures cars.
- ‘Foreign carmakers will make and sell whichever models they wish and set up nationwide dealerships and service networks.’
- ‘However, there is still room for carmakers to reduce prices as domestically produced cars still cost more than those imported from overseas.’
- ‘Those are powerful advantages, considering how savagely mass-market carmakers are discounting.’
- ‘Two of the biggest carmakers are putting their rivalries aside and teaming up.’
- ‘The carmaker says gas electric hybrid engines will be available in half of the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup.’
- ‘Volkswagen, Ford Motor and Toyota Motor are among the other foreign carmakers that have also applied to lend money to China's car buyers.’
- ‘J.C. Herz, the digital-culture writer, once told me a couple of years ago about a consulting visit she did to a major carmaker.’
- ‘Its automotive consultancy advised Nanjing Automotive, the Chinese carmaker, on its recent purchase of the assets of MG Rover.’
- ‘Chinese carmakers such as Chery Automobile Co. are also casting an eye to the region.’
- ‘After years of leading us on, carmakers roll out the first generation of off-road-ready hybrids’
- ‘To help drivers see better, some carmakers are offering new options like bumper sensors.’
- ‘As they did earlier with small cars and luxury sedans, foreign carmakers have jumped to a quick lead with more car-like SUVs.’
- ‘Computer modeling simulations of technical systems will also be key, and most carmakers are already working to perfect them.’
- ‘At the recent Auto Shanghai 2003, Nanjing Fiat grabbed three awards, the most among carmakers participating in the show.’
- ‘U.S. carmakers got into a price war five years ago to overcome the sagging sales.’
- ‘The carmaker is pulling ads from certain publications.’
- ‘The fourth mainland carmaker planning to sell shares, Guangzhou Automobile aims to become one of the three big car manufacturers on the mainland.’
- ‘Analysts say Proton's best hope for survival is a partnership with a foreign carmaker.’
- ‘So new front windshields are treated to absorb harmful rays, though carmakers don't usually coat side and rear windows.’
- ‘Some carmakers also have been bumping base prices in increments so minor, most prospective customers don't notice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.