One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company which manufactures cars.
- ‘The carmaker is pulling ads from certain publications.’
- ‘The fourth mainland carmaker planning to sell shares, Guangzhou Automobile aims to become one of the three big car manufacturers on the mainland.’
- ‘After years of leading us on, carmakers roll out the first generation of off-road-ready hybrids’
- ‘U.S. carmakers got into a price war five years ago to overcome the sagging sales.’
- ‘To help drivers see better, some carmakers are offering new options like bumper sensors.’
- ‘At the recent Auto Shanghai 2003, Nanjing Fiat grabbed three awards, the most among carmakers participating in the show.’
- ‘Those are powerful advantages, considering how savagely mass-market carmakers are discounting.’
- ‘Some carmakers also have been bumping base prices in increments so minor, most prospective customers don't notice.’
- ‘Foreign carmakers will make and sell whichever models they wish and set up nationwide dealerships and service networks.’
- ‘So new front windshields are treated to absorb harmful rays, though carmakers don't usually coat side and rear windows.’
- ‘J.C. Herz, the digital-culture writer, once told me a couple of years ago about a consulting visit she did to a major carmaker.’
- ‘The carmaker says gas electric hybrid engines will be available in half of the Ford, Lincoln and Mercury lineup.’
- ‘Two of the biggest carmakers are putting their rivalries aside and teaming up.’
- ‘Its automotive consultancy advised Nanjing Automotive, the Chinese carmaker, on its recent purchase of the assets of MG Rover.’
- ‘Chinese carmakers such as Chery Automobile Co. are also casting an eye to the region.’
- ‘Computer modeling simulations of technical systems will also be key, and most carmakers are already working to perfect them.’
- ‘Volkswagen, Ford Motor and Toyota Motor are among the other foreign carmakers that have also applied to lend money to China's car buyers.’
- ‘As they did earlier with small cars and luxury sedans, foreign carmakers have jumped to a quick lead with more car-like SUVs.’
- ‘However, there is still room for carmakers to reduce prices as domestically produced cars still cost more than those imported from overseas.’
- ‘Analysts say Proton's best hope for survival is a partnership with a foreign carmaker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.