One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Die.‘he's always bragged about carking it before he hit twenty’
- ‘I wanted to call him Peter because I thought I was going to cark it round about then.’
- ‘But before he could really get out of the starting blocks, old Stanley went and carked it.’
- ‘I don't think I could have handled it if the old geezer had carked it before I got to see him.’
- ‘You know I was so paranoid about deep-vein thrombosis, I took my aspirin and wriggled my legs but still I thought, that'd be right, I'll get off the plane and cark it.’
- ‘To my fellow bloggers, what would you do if your PC carked it, would you have withdrawal symptoms because you could not come online to say G'day and share with us a snapshot of your day?’
1970s: probably imitative of the caw of a carrion crow.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.