One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They were controversial because of their caricatural style, and all except Maternity and The Rich Banquet while the Workers Quarrel were subsequently destroyed or altered.’
- ‘A well-known figure in Viennese society, St. Genois is appareled in the obligatory black tie and flanked by two modern ‘women,’ each rendered in slightly different, caricatural modes.’
- ‘Full of allusions and caricatural aspects, the piece is difficult and challenging, but its rich and luscious orchestration more than makes up for its complexities.’
- ‘It's likely that Orwell saw him as a true continuation of the violent, caricatural, humorous art found in English nineteenth-century writers.’
- ‘I have never seen farce more keenly orchestrated and sanguinely enacted, the blatantly laughable always tinged with the bitingly caricatural, the fantastic, and the outrageous, without the slightest loss in basic humanity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.