Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Loose-fitting casual cotton trousers with large patch pockets halfway down each leg.
- ‘Cody was tall with dirty blond hair and was wearing a red t - shirt and long khaki cargo pants.’
- ‘She had on her camouflage cargo pants, a black tank top, and flip flops.’
- ‘He hid it quite perfectly under a black polo shirt and baggy black cargo pants.’
- ‘We'd come to shows in our Triple 5 shirts and cargo pants, nodding our heads respectfully and wearing toques.’
- ‘When I met him, he was wearing a fashionable shirt, cargo pants, a shiny watch, and a fat ring.’
- ‘They revealed their veteran status by accessorising tuxedos and bow ties with sturdy cargo pants, wellies and baseball caps.’
- ‘The athlete's trousers look like cargo pants that many people worldwide wear these days when traveling or when casual wear is required.’
- ‘He was wearing khaki cargo pants and a plaid, collared, short sleeve shirt.’
- ‘He finally decided on black cargo pants and a black turtleneck, which I thought was pretty good.’
- ‘Is there a type of cargo pants that can pass as business casual?’
- ‘While paratrooper pants are still considered fashionable, I can't say the same for cargo pants.’
- ‘He is wearing an over-long black turtleneck, cargo pants, and a fedora tipped at a rakish angle.’
- ‘Joy was glad she had worn a jean skirt and Mark had even changed from his usual basketball shorts into khaki cargo pants and a polo shirt.’
- ‘Her feet dangled from her perch, her big green cargo pants and black hooded pullover covered her dainty frame completely.’
- ‘He was wearing a gray turtleneck and khaki cargo pants that were a little baggy around the knees.’
- ‘When she opened it she saw Danny standing there in a yellow, blue and black striped shirt and khaki cargo pants.’
- ‘Wear cargo pants on weekends - their pockets are great for hauling things.’
- ‘He then goes over to one of the people sitting near me, a teenager with a baseball cap and ripped cargo pants.’
- ‘He was dressed almost exactly as he had been the last time she had seen him, his trench coat thrown open to show his cargo pants and red shirt.’
- ‘Originating from military gear, cargo pants and shorts are now a big part of mainstream fashion.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.