One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A telephone service provided by the manufacturers of a product to deal with queries and complaints from consumers.
- ‘Tendring Council's portfolio holder for leisure and community services, said the cost of careline had gone up as it did each year.’
- ‘Southern Electric has a special careline offering services to its elderly and vulnerable users.’
- ‘They transferred me to the nurse's careline where I discussed my symptoms with a triage nurse.’
- ‘Stott's activities were uncovered while he was working as a telephonist for a careline for people with disabilities.’
- ‘Diabetes UK has a careline - 0207 424 1030-for those who would like more information about the condition.’
- ‘One resident, who wished to remain unnamed, said the lifts had been damaged, the careline tampered with, doorbells vandalised and windows broken.’
- ‘On Christmas Eve anyone needing help can contact 01793 602800 and social services also has an emergency number, for anyone needing help or support, that is open whenever careline is shut.’
- ‘Council chiefs have decided not to renew the careline after a Best Value Review showed it was losing them money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.