One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Failure to give sufficient attention to avoiding harm or errors; negligence.‘most road accidents are caused by carelessness on the part of motorists’
inattention, inattentiveness, heedlessness, thoughtlessness, negligence, improvidence, remissnessView synonyms
- ‘Only a passing comment, but such carelessness has probably wrecked my son's future as a prize-winning novelist.’
- ‘It would be a shame if I let my own carelessness ruin other people's efforts to do good by recycling.’
- ‘The defenders were slow to get back on the goal line and the Monaghan team captain took advantage of Mayo carelessness.’
- ‘Once again, his disgruntled followers chastised him for his carelessness.’
- ‘I think it's important for your readers to understand the type of carelessness here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.