One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Failure to give sufficient attention to avoiding harm or errors; negligence.‘most road accidents are caused by carelessness on the part of motorists’
inattention, inattentiveness, heedlessness, thoughtlessness, negligence, improvidence, remissnessView synonyms
- ‘Only a passing comment, but such carelessness has probably wrecked my son's future as a prize-winning novelist.’
- ‘I think it's important for your readers to understand the type of carelessness here.’
- ‘Once again, his disgruntled followers chastised him for his carelessness.’
- ‘It would be a shame if I let my own carelessness ruin other people's efforts to do good by recycling.’
- ‘The defenders were slow to get back on the goal line and the Monaghan team captain took advantage of Mayo carelessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.