One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a casual or reckless way; inattentively.‘roadsides are full of litter thrown carelessly by passers-by’‘he replied carelessly’
- ‘He was exposed heavily and carelessly to wood dust at a time when it was known that such exposures had the potential to cause cancer.’
- ‘Loose lips sink ships, but so do carelessly managed documents.’
- ‘Like many human things, globalization can often be just downright unfair or carelessly vicious.’
- ‘A few of the authors transliterated carelessly, even incorrectly, into a sort of pidgin German.’
- ‘Do not carelessly discard receipts from card transactions.’
- ‘Even under the existing system of land taxation, the fertility of the soil has been carelessly exploited.’
- ‘Users of hands-free phones still risk prosecution for driving carelessly or recklessly.’
- ‘Electricians know you can get killed by carelessly putting one or more of your appendages in the wrong place at the wrong time.’
- ‘I hold up the totem, then carelessly push it back across the table.’
- ‘Bikini-clad boaters at midnight carelessly spill red wine overboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.