One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The insularity of Washington, pressures of careerism, fear of appearing soft and the absence of institutional alternatives all contribute to a limiting of the debate.’
- ‘I'd also achieved my first foreign assignment (to New York) as a journalist; careerism was starting to grip.’
- ‘We were a tight group, despite the anxious careerism.’
- ‘Still, some soldiers criticize the preponderance of awards for officers because it encourages politicking and smacks of careerism.’
- ‘In other words, the fires of feminism may have burned down to the ashes of careerism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.