One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A recognized pattern of advancement within a job or profession.
- ‘The Newcastle research also found that many women felt they had been ‘weeded out’ of the career structure before they had reached their potential.’
- ‘There is nothing that beats the stimulation science provides for the mind, but you need a career structure too, and that is what wears you down.’
- ‘The lack of a career structure is also a major reason for planners to defect to the growing number of private planning consultancies.’
- ‘I want to break down some of the barriers and show teenagers there is a career structure here and a lot of possibilities in the business.’
- ‘As a working mother, I have to leave my son every day, but I now know that I have a good career structure in the civil service and decent pay.’
- ‘We can't provide a whole career structure like that in the London airports, so we can look for someone who is not so ambitious.’
- ‘All of the usual conference debates will also be heard over the coming days, including the inadequacy of the current career structure of the teaching profession.’
- ‘The national remodelling agreement held out the promise of decent pay, professional recognition and a career structure for teaching assistants.’
- ‘There is already a career structure in place but one of the things we will look at is how that and industry practices need to be changed to attract new people.’
- ‘Growth, and its offshoot consumption, also dictates that our career structure is dominated by salary increases and an obsession with advancement up the greasy pole.’
- ‘New classifications incorporating a genuine career structure will need to be funded to avoid costs being passed onto parents.’
- ‘In this way a career structure is open to those who work in the bureaucracy.’
- ‘Is it not time to devise a new career structure for hospital doctors that will allow varying degrees of specialisation, responsibility, and hours of working?’
- ‘The career structure for clinical academics is being improved.’
- ‘Prizes are the closest thing that novelists have to a career structure.’
- ‘Why should we be surprised if the career structure for MP's is similar?’
- ‘The proposals are designed to modernise pay and the career structure for 1.2m National Health Service workers.’
- ‘That is also a career structure within the public sector that will attract the right sort of people.’
- ‘Many potential recruits are deterred by the lack of an attractive career structure, enormous workloads and a lack of financial recognition for the demanding work they do, she said.’
- ‘However, recent changes to the career structure and other factors have led to what I believe is a crisis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.