One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A label giving instructions for the washing and care of a fabric or garment.
- ‘The kits are pre-cut patterns from nylon pack-cloth, which also include thread, webbing and hardware, care label and instructions.’
- ‘Remember to read and follow the care labels on your bedding created from microfiber.’
- ‘Thus we all become care label skeptics, defying the labels without hesitation.’
- ‘If you put a care label under the brand label, it would really ruin the whole thing.’
- ‘Perhaps you can find a manufacturer's care label under the cushions?’
- ‘Consult the garment care label or properties of individual fibers listed in this booklet.’
- ‘As a result, he says, there is a growing trend to put permanent bar codes on apparel, such as in care labels.’
- ‘The care label is a guide for both the consumer and the dry cleaner.’
- ‘However, the care label calls for no fabric softener to be used and suggests that the consumer iron the pants after every fifth wash cycle.’
- ‘Look for machine wash and dry on the care label, and take a close look at the fabric and construction to make sure it's quality crafted for long wearing good looks.’
- ‘There are spelling mistakes, the print is wonky, the setting of words completely misinterpreted, and to top it all, a font that I've never in my life used, appears in three random words on the care label.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.