Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the heart and blood vessels.‘increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease’
- ‘Uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.’
- ‘Studies of cardiovascular sequelae have produced conflicting evidence.’
- ‘The treatment of stable angina aims to reduce chest pain and prevent cardiovascular events.’
- ‘Prevention of cardiovascular disease has to be integrated into primary health care.’
- ‘Major cardiovascular or respiratory problems militate against operating.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.