One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the heart and chest or lungs.
- ‘The patient is an 85-year-old white woman who has been admitted to the cardiothoracic intensive care unit after undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.’
- ‘The patient was subsequently referred to cardiothoracic surgery for pericardial and lung biopsies which each demonstrated non-caseating granulomas.’
- ‘This conference targets pediatric, orthopedic, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgery specialties.’
- ‘He also says that relying on cardiothoracic surgeons to do lung resections may mean that some do too few to maintain competence.’
- ‘The added value of C reactive protein or cardiothoracic ratio on chest radiograph is limited.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.