One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the heart and chest or lungs.
- ‘The added value of C reactive protein or cardiothoracic ratio on chest radiograph is limited.’
- ‘This conference targets pediatric, orthopedic, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgery specialties.’
- ‘He also says that relying on cardiothoracic surgeons to do lung resections may mean that some do too few to maintain competence.’
- ‘The patient was subsequently referred to cardiothoracic surgery for pericardial and lung biopsies which each demonstrated non-caseating granulomas.’
- ‘The patient is an 85-year-old white woman who has been admitted to the cardiothoracic intensive care unit after undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.