Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the heart and chest or lungs.
- ‘The added value of C reactive protein or cardiothoracic ratio on chest radiograph is limited.’
- ‘The patient is an 85-year-old white woman who has been admitted to the cardiothoracic intensive care unit after undergoing abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.’
- ‘He also says that relying on cardiothoracic surgeons to do lung resections may mean that some do too few to maintain competence.’
- ‘This conference targets pediatric, orthopedic, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgery specialties.’
- ‘The patient was subsequently referred to cardiothoracic surgery for pericardial and lung biopsies which each demonstrated non-caseating granulomas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.