Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the action of both heart and lungs.‘cardiorespiratory problems’
- ‘Focus groups were used in an exploratory study to examine the perceptions of palliative care among cardiorespiratory nurses.’
- ‘The socially defined knowledge and experience of nurses was explored to determine the collective perception of palliative care in cardiorespiratory disease.’
- ‘In all 10 of the cases in which cardiorespiratory reactions to vaccination occurred, the clinical criteria for defining allergy to eggs was weak.’
- ‘She was found to have gastrointestinal hemorrhage and in spite of therapy died of cardiorespiratory arrest.’
- ‘To optimize a patient's functional recovery and prevent the sequelae of low cardiorespiratory fitness, objective quantification of aerobic capacity is essential.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.