One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shaft with a universal joint at one or both ends.
- ‘An object of the present invention is to provide a cardan shaft having improved tribological properties.’
- ‘In front-drive automobiles the cardan shafts are among the safety parts.’
- ‘Lift the cardan shaft at its center of gravity so that the supports at points A and B become free.’
- ‘Power is transmitted via cardan shafts to the final drives at the front ends of the forward and rear chassis.’
- ‘There are basically two types of cardan shafts which have evolved into a worldwide technology standard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.