One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shaft with a universal joint at one or both ends.
- ‘Lift the cardan shaft at its center of gravity so that the supports at points A and B become free.’
- ‘An object of the present invention is to provide a cardan shaft having improved tribological properties.’
- ‘There are basically two types of cardan shafts which have evolved into a worldwide technology standard.’
- ‘In front-drive automobiles the cardan shafts are among the safety parts.’
- ‘Power is transmitted via cardan shafts to the final drives at the front ends of the forward and rear chassis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.