One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for universal joint
- ‘The regulation of the deport is performed by cardan joint or by such a working cylinder which is pushing the shaft on a rail.’
- ‘Dynamically it just looks like a double cardan joint to me, based on the second video.’
- ‘Long headlands and possible accidents are avoided by the absence of the above mentioned cardan joints.’
- ‘The cardan joints, type SIN with cross pins made from steel, have features in common with cross joints.’
- ‘Its cardan shafts and cardan joints, on the other hand, were later destined to become famous.’
Early 20th century: named after Gerolamo Cardano (1501–76), Italian mathematician.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.