One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic reader through which a credit or charge card or cheque guarantee card is passed in order to record the information it bears.as modifier ‘a card swipe system’
- ‘It will act as a debit card in your Palm with a secure IR connection which will replace a card swipe.’
- ‘In addition, CalTech informed me that the card swipe data had been lost late on September 15, 2003, through September 17, 2003.’
- ‘The data from the card swipe, which includes the fan's name and attendance pattern, is automatically registered and organized in database fashion, allowing teams to market to prospective fans more easily.’
- ‘Someone installed a bank card swipe device on the outer door of a Bank of Montreal machine at the Blundell Shopping Centre, 8120 No. 2 Rd. at 10 p.m.’
- ‘Attendance is tracked by ID card swipes, which provide instant feedback on what groups will need additional safety information.’
- ‘The head teacher of the 900-pupil school told the BBC that retinal scan technology is cheaper and more cost effective than card swipe systems.’
- ‘There was no handle, but had a card swipe box next to it; within a few minutes, the canine had hotwired the door open.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.