One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A room for playing cards.‘a comfortable lounge with TV, card room and bar’
- ‘A complete renovation of the men's locker room and men's card room also will be completed with phase one.’
- ‘The club have also installed a snooker table in what was formerly a card room, now serving also as a kitchen.’
- ‘Inside the stable, there was a bar, a card room, a dartboard, a hammock for those who needed sleep and a tent for the grillmaster, Steve Johnston.’
- ‘Standard recreation centres, as the government regulated, should have a library, gymnasium, chess and card room, dining room and hair salon.’
- ‘When I became a member in the early eighties, the main activity centred around the bar and the card room.’
- 1.1 A place where gambling games are played.‘many of these gambling terms were collected in the card rooms of California’
- ‘In addition to the slots, which offer more than eighty different styles of games, there is a card room offering forty-six tables of Blackjack, Pai Gow, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Mini-Baccarat and Three-Card Poker.’
- ‘If passed, the bills would allow tracks to have video lottery terminals, card rooms, keno games, and satellite betting sites, among other forms of gaming designed to lure more people to the track.’
- ‘The fourth nation to join the European poker circuit this year is the Ukraine where the Mirald Casino has opened a card room.’
- ‘The casino will create 200 jobs and contain gaming tables, a wide-screen facility for sporting events, theme bars, two specialist restaurants and a large card room for poker competitions.’
- ‘Downstairs, the casino will offer club-style environment, with bar, slot machines, TV and a card room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.