Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The playing of card games.
- ‘Chess, dice, and card playing are old favorites.’
- ‘Lots of aspects of poker (like table selection) have nothing to do with the actual card playing.’
- ‘A big group of whist players travelled to Limerick on the weekend November 1 to 4, for a session of card playing and fun, where a great time was had by all.’
- ‘Using the 4 D's in the poker room can improve card playing and plug up leaks in a player's game.’
- ‘Despite what the tagline may say, this movie has nothing to do with cards or card playing or gambling or poker or anything.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.