One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which playing cards are used.
- ‘She had been drinking all night during the card game she was hosting in their apartment.’
- ‘It is a collection of variations of the traditional card game Spades.’
- ‘For ten or fifteen minutes I was happy and awake, enjoying a good card game with my friend.’
- ‘Have you ever watched someone play a card game when s/he doesn't understand the rules?’
- ‘All card players should take note that there will be a card game as usual in the O'Brien hall on Christmas nights.’
- ‘These guys are too drained even to cope with the interaction of a friendly card game together.’
- ‘Bridge players will tell you that it is the best card game ever invented.’
- ‘The monthly card game takes place on the first Monday night of each month.’
- ‘His attention was torn away from the card game as he heard raised voices from across the room.’
- ‘Thanks to all those who sponsored prizes and those who both raffle tickets but could not attend the card game.’
- ‘The next card game will take place tonight Tuesday in the Brown Memorial Hall, Foxford.’
- ‘Wang later wins some money in a card game with some small time gangsters, but they mug him and take back their money.’
- ‘Thanks to all who supported the card game in aid of Ballycroy Social Services last Friday night.’
- ‘The card game Don, which is played in various forms in Ireland and Britain, is a descendant of the old game of All Fours.’
- ‘They had been playing the card game for about forty minutes when the speakers crackled into life and a funny voice was heard.’
- ‘Another card game will take place next Sunday evening in Glenhest Community Hall and all are welcome.’
- ‘Cribbage is a card game that lends itself to a solitaire of strategy, perhaps better than any other.’
- ‘The card game in Shanagolden Hall each Friday night attracts a good number of players from the parish.’
- ‘He had spent most of the night playing a boisterous card game and running around filming people with his video camera.’
- ‘Asked for a reason for the killings, Ma reportedly told police that they accused him of being a cheat in a card game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.