One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The widespread dissemination of carcinoma in the body.
- ‘Intraperitoneal carcinomatosis is cancer that has spread throughout the peritoneal cavity.’
- ‘Another two patients succumbed before chemotherapy could be initiated; they had severe COPD and carcinomatosis.’
- ‘When this gradient is less than 1.1, etiologies other than portal hypertension should be considered, most commonly peritoneal carcinomatosis or abdominal tuberculosis.’
- ‘Salient autopsy findings included metastatic adenocarcinoma of peripancreatic lymph nodes and diffuse leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘She retired only when carcinomatosis was diagnosed.’
- ‘This suggests that pleural carcinomatosis represents a final common pathway in metastatic disease, and may not, in and of itself, be indicative of a poor prognosis.’
- ‘Leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, the most frequent form of brain metastasis in prostate cancer, has a grim prognosis.’
- ‘After evacuation of all pleural fluid, a previously described score was used to grade the extent of pleural carcinomatosis score.’
- ‘Only a few of the patients from this surgical or autopsy series displayed coexistent subdural hematomas or meningiomas, and only 2 had coincident leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘In women with peritoneal carcinomatosis or malignant ascites, treatment for ovarian cancer is instituted if the CA 125 level is elevated.’
- ‘This is one of a handful of reported cases of a clinically undiagnosed gallbladder carcinoma presenting as leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘Diseases that involve the axial compartment alone include lymphangitic carcinomatosis, sarcoidosis, and lymphoma.’
- ‘She faced increasing disability from carcinomatosis in her last year with courage and determination, underpinned by her deep Christian faith.’
- ‘The remaining 5 percent of patients have chronic cough caused by bronchiogenic carcinoma, carcinomatosis, sarcoidosis, left ventricular failure or aspiration.’
- ‘Ten cases demonstrated durai metastases, and 3 cases showed focal leptomeningeal involvement. cases of diffuse leptomeningeal carcinomatosis were excluded.’
- ‘Metastatic lesions can present as solitary or multiple intracranial masses, as meningeal carcinomatosis, or with spinal cord involvement.’
- ‘However, malignant tumors such as poorly differentiated carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma, and atypical carcinoid may have potential to grow, leading to pleural carcinomatosis.’
- ‘The intraoperative appearance suggested peritoneal carcinomatosis, and the patient underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and omentectomy.’
- ‘In ascites due to tuberculous peritonitis and peritoneal carcinomatosis, lymphocytes predominate.’
- ‘Acute myelopathy in patients with cancer may also be caused by irradiation, paraneoplastic necrotizing myelitis, ruptured intervertebral disc and meningeal carcinomatosis with spinal cord involvement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.