One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The widespread dissemination of carcinoma in the body.
- ‘Salient autopsy findings included metastatic adenocarcinoma of peripancreatic lymph nodes and diffuse leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘In women with peritoneal carcinomatosis or malignant ascites, treatment for ovarian cancer is instituted if the CA 125 level is elevated.’
- ‘The remaining 5 percent of patients have chronic cough caused by bronchiogenic carcinoma, carcinomatosis, sarcoidosis, left ventricular failure or aspiration.’
- ‘Another two patients succumbed before chemotherapy could be initiated; they had severe COPD and carcinomatosis.’
- ‘The intraoperative appearance suggested peritoneal carcinomatosis, and the patient underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and omentectomy.’
- ‘This is one of a handful of reported cases of a clinically undiagnosed gallbladder carcinoma presenting as leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘She faced increasing disability from carcinomatosis in her last year with courage and determination, underpinned by her deep Christian faith.’
- ‘She retired only when carcinomatosis was diagnosed.’
- ‘Only a few of the patients from this surgical or autopsy series displayed coexistent subdural hematomas or meningiomas, and only 2 had coincident leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.’
- ‘Ten cases demonstrated durai metastases, and 3 cases showed focal leptomeningeal involvement. cases of diffuse leptomeningeal carcinomatosis were excluded.’
- ‘When this gradient is less than 1.1, etiologies other than portal hypertension should be considered, most commonly peritoneal carcinomatosis or abdominal tuberculosis.’
- ‘In ascites due to tuberculous peritonitis and peritoneal carcinomatosis, lymphocytes predominate.’
- ‘Acute myelopathy in patients with cancer may also be caused by irradiation, paraneoplastic necrotizing myelitis, ruptured intervertebral disc and meningeal carcinomatosis with spinal cord involvement.’
- ‘Leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, the most frequent form of brain metastasis in prostate cancer, has a grim prognosis.’
- ‘After evacuation of all pleural fluid, a previously described score was used to grade the extent of pleural carcinomatosis score.’
- ‘Intraperitoneal carcinomatosis is cancer that has spread throughout the peritoneal cavity.’
- ‘Metastatic lesions can present as solitary or multiple intracranial masses, as meningeal carcinomatosis, or with spinal cord involvement.’
- ‘Diseases that involve the axial compartment alone include lymphangitic carcinomatosis, sarcoidosis, and lymphoma.’
- ‘However, malignant tumors such as poorly differentiated carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma, and atypical carcinoid may have potential to grow, leading to pleural carcinomatosis.’
- ‘This suggests that pleural carcinomatosis represents a final common pathway in metastatic disease, and may not, in and of itself, be indicative of a poor prognosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.