One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having the potential to cause cancer.
- ‘Each carcinogenic mixture acts as a unique entity to produce its own specific cancer cluster.’
- ‘Vitamin C is an antioxidant, and it also inhibits the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines from dietary amines and nitrites.’
- ‘Airline pilots are occupationally exposed to cosmic radiation and other potentially carcinogenic elements.’
- ‘For example, it was claimed that the study presented uniquely reliable evidence that simvastatin is not carcinogenic.’
- ‘They've got a carcinogenic potential and the potential to suppress the immune system.’
- ‘Many studies strongly support the premise that oxidative stress plays an important role in this carcinogenic process.’
- ‘One family of mycotoxins, the aflatoxins, are carcinogenic and immunotoxic and cause growth retardation in animals.’
- ‘This highlights the carcinogenic potential of AA in human beings.’
- ‘The authors say that cotinine is a poor biomarker of carcinogenic risk.’
- ‘It has been shown to be teratogenic and carcinogenic in rodents.’
- ‘In this study by IARC, other known carcinogenic substances in solid wood were not identified.’
- ‘It is the carcinogenic compounds in the tar which are the serious hazard to health, and some, but not all, of these compounds are removed by the filters.’
- ‘He's spent a fair bit of his career describing how carcinogenic the sun is.’
- ‘At least 60 of the chemicals in a puff of smoke are carcinogenic, meaning they may cause cancer.’
- ‘Among them, ionizing radiation and genotoxic chemicals with carcinogenic potential play an important role.’
- ‘The risk of a carcinogenic effect of a substance can be assessed by 1 of several mathematical models.’
- ‘There aren't a lot of good in vitro methods to predict carcinogenic potential.’
- ‘Apart from their well known carcinogenic action on the liver, they also impair growth and the development of the immune system in children.’
- ‘Some of them are carcinogenic, and some of them also cause neurological and reproductive health problems.’
- ‘The World Health Organization has concluded that cannabis, when smoked, is twice as carcinogenic as tobacco.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.