Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Raw meat as distinct from corned or tinned meat.
- ‘The convention aims to restrict this traffic to carcass meat and encourage animals to be slaughtered in the country of origin.’
- ‘In producing mince meat, only carcass meat taken from cattle, sheep, goat, swine and fresh meat of domestic poultry and rabbit should be used.’
- ‘Strategy is firmly established as one of the breed's elite carcass meat sires.’
- ‘The Sal-QRA programme has identified the prevalence and levels on carcass meat of Salmonella after slaughter, and demonstrated a significant decrease during processing.’
- ‘In regions where such infrastructure is not available, the carcass meat should be carefully examined and rejected if suspected of being unsound.’
- ‘This will be valid for butcheries, processing carcass meat of swine in the amount of 200 pieces weekly and 10,000 pieces annually.’
- ‘In accordance with one aspect of this invention, the hypochlorous acid wash liquid (at a suitable pH level) is applied to the carcass meat surfaces on the kill floor before the carcasses are shrouded and before they are placed in the chill room.’
- ‘The price is so poor of venison, less than 40p a pound skin on carcass meat for red farrow that it really is not worth a poacher's while.’
- ‘For example, whilst we have measured the total market for carcass meat it would be incorrect to then make a simple addition of all other meat products, as some meat products will be produced from carcass meat.’
- ‘In order to verify accuracy of estimation of carcass meat percentage, meatiness was determined by measuring fat thickness and depth of muscle at one location or at two locations while applying dissection method.’
- ‘At slaughter, the following carcass characteristics were evaluated: carcass weight, carcass yield, backfat depth, muscle depth, loin eye area, carcass length, carcass meat yield and carcass meat.’
- ‘The Regulations imposed a prohibition against any person freezing any carcass meat which was unfit for human consumption or specified offal in a slaughterhouse.’
- ‘In order to satisfy all our customers’ demands we also embark on calf-slaughtering, processing carcass meat, lamb-slaughtering and mutton processing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.