One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic term for carbon dioxide
- ‘Added to solutions of these substances it was absorbed, and carbonic acid gas was disengaged by an acid.’
- ‘Dr. Prout's experiments were confined to the proportion of carbonic acid gas in the expired air.’
- ‘Uranium remains in the water in the form of salts solution, and pure carbonic acid gas flies away.’
- ‘You see the carbonic acid gas flying off in bubbles.’
- ‘Due to the fact that the less carbonic acid gas the heart has to pump to the lungs to be exhaled, the less the rate of the heart beat during exercise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.