One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forest, ocean, or other natural environment viewed in terms of its ability to absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- ‘Besides that, firewood adds carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, while furniture or other products will act as a carbon sink for years and years.’
- ‘Quite apart from trees being a carbon sink and saving us from environmental disaster, we often overlook the meaning it can give to our lives.’
- ‘Iberia's oak forests are a vital carbon sink for the whole of Europe.’
- ‘The forest will provide some much-needed lung space to Bangaloreans and act as a carbon sink by absorbing vehicular and other emissions.’
- ‘As trees take root, they would begin absorbing carbon dioxide, turning the region back into a carbon sink.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.