One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural or artificial process by which carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere and held in solid or liquid form.
- ‘The most significant advantage of mineral carbonation by magnesite is that it is the only permanent form of carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Chris is interested in documenting what the potential is for carbon sequestration.’
- ‘The scientists are currently using computer models to figure out the potential rates for carbon sequestration on golf courses.’
- ‘Despite the depleting forests, the estimation of net annual carbon sequestration from 1972-73 to 1999-2000 appears to be positive.’
- ‘Reading down to the bottom of the press release we find carbon sequestration has little do with the project.’
- ‘Important, albeit lower visibility, ideas on carbon sequestration in forests have also made strides forward.’
- ‘He is describing carbon sequestration, the buildup of the stock of carbon in organic matter in soils.’
- ‘Carbon sequestration is a third alternative to reduce GHG emissions.’
- ‘One proposal being widely discussed in the scientific community is carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Despite these fears, for an increasing number of oil companies carbon sequestration is now a reality.’
- ‘Let's take a little tour of the world of carbon sequestration.’
- ‘We have the broadest and most applicable scientific knowledge to tackle carbon sequestration.’
- ‘This working paper reviews the legal issues concerning geological carbon sequestration in the offshore waters surrounding the United Kingdom.’
- ‘We often hear the misperception that the carbon sequestration / storing effect of growing tree energy crops is temporary.’
- ‘The concept of "clean burn" should not be extended to include carbon sequestration.’
- ‘For example the management of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels could be dealt with through further carbon sequestration.’
- ‘However, many farmers currently are using improved land management practices that promote carbon sequestration without receiving any direct monetary incentives.’
- ‘However, to fully understand the potential of carbon sequestration in agriculture, the economic costs of switching from conventional to conservation management must be estimated.’
- ‘Carbon sequestration in agricultural land has been studied over the past few years to determine its potential for ameliorating climate change.’
- ‘The same approach should apply to research on new low-carbon or non-carbon energies or carbon sequestration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.