One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere as a result of the activities of a particular individual, organization, or community.
- ‘Think of your carbon footprint and say an environmentally friendly ‘no’ to patio heaters.’
- ‘In this world, the idea that the personal is political was not about one's carbon footprint or concerns about eating meat or using pesticides in the garden.’
- ‘If it's not available through your utility, you can still buy credits online to offset your carbon footprint.’
- ‘Reducing our carbon footprint would mean giving up, not merely our SUVs, but many of the little things Americans enjoy.’
- ‘In the U.K., the CarbonNeutral Company works with banks and building societies to offer a carbon-neutral mortgage, which provides for the planting of enough trees to cover the carbon footprint of the home and lifestyle of its occupants.’
- ‘Yes, disposing of a perfectly good appliance is not great for your carbon footprint.’
- ‘There will be significant planning issues but we are determined to reduce our carbon footprint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.