One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where caravans may be parked and used for holidays or as permanent homes.
- ‘Nearby Goose Lane was not closed to traffic, but police parking restrictions were in place in the area surrounding the caravan park.’
- ‘The new centre will have a variety of uses - it will house the caravan park's shop, reception and office and will also include a conference centre.’
- ‘At the top of Kingussie's Gynack Road a car park is shared by the golf club and a caravan site.’
- ‘The families were then all visited by a man to book the holiday, and completed authentic looking documents from the caravan park, paying the full payment for the holiday.’
- ‘Some students live in a caravan park near the campus to cut down on rent and travel.’
- ‘The father was visiting the son, who lives on the caravan site, before taking a Spanish holiday the next day.’
- ‘In 1972 attendance figures were up at the pool, boosted by visitors to the caravan site at Rowntree Park.’
- ‘When I came here as a child the little shop and the caravan park did not exist, and access was via a long twisting track that led off the main road.’
- ‘Last year, 10,000 families booked holidays at the caravan park.’
- ‘It is possible to do this because Mt. Beauty is a beautiful resort area with a caravan park with a barbeque and many community and private areas for social events.’
- ‘But as the blacked-out pensioner lay prostrate a man who was holidaying at the caravan site rushed to the rescue and took on the boisterous bovines.’
- ‘Travellers have set up home in a Ryedale car park - while a purpose-built caravan site nearby stands almost empty.’
- ‘The fire service joined Humber Coastguard and police as 70 holidaymakers were evacuated from a flooded caravan park.’
- ‘Jasmine Park, Scarborough, was the best holiday caravan site.’
- ‘And if that wasn't bad enough, the boat was secured against the caravan park where his ex-wife and daughter live with the park's owner.’
- ‘Campaigning residents have vowed to resist plans to convert a caravan park into a permanent base for mobile homes.’
- ‘We were attending to speak against a proposed caravan site for more than 80 caravans at Burrs Country Park.’
- ‘Then look for the brown and white signs for the caravan park and fishery which is a turning on the right.’
- ‘With the arrival of fine weather visitors to the caravan park are making their annual trip to the village.’
- ‘Some holidaymakers at the Medolino caravan park managed to get their tents and caravans to higher ground after the park was swamped with water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.