One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where caravans may be parked and used for holidays or as permanent homes.
- ‘Jasmine Park, Scarborough, was the best holiday caravan site.’
- ‘But as the blacked-out pensioner lay prostrate a man who was holidaying at the caravan site rushed to the rescue and took on the boisterous bovines.’
- ‘Some students live in a caravan park near the campus to cut down on rent and travel.’
- ‘In 1972 attendance figures were up at the pool, boosted by visitors to the caravan site at Rowntree Park.’
- ‘The fire service joined Humber Coastguard and police as 70 holidaymakers were evacuated from a flooded caravan park.’
- ‘With the arrival of fine weather visitors to the caravan park are making their annual trip to the village.’
- ‘It is possible to do this because Mt. Beauty is a beautiful resort area with a caravan park with a barbeque and many community and private areas for social events.’
- ‘The father was visiting the son, who lives on the caravan site, before taking a Spanish holiday the next day.’
- ‘When I came here as a child the little shop and the caravan park did not exist, and access was via a long twisting track that led off the main road.’
- ‘Then look for the brown and white signs for the caravan park and fishery which is a turning on the right.’
- ‘The new centre will have a variety of uses - it will house the caravan park's shop, reception and office and will also include a conference centre.’
- ‘At the top of Kingussie's Gynack Road a car park is shared by the golf club and a caravan site.’
- ‘Nearby Goose Lane was not closed to traffic, but police parking restrictions were in place in the area surrounding the caravan park.’
- ‘Last year, 10,000 families booked holidays at the caravan park.’
- ‘We were attending to speak against a proposed caravan site for more than 80 caravans at Burrs Country Park.’
- ‘Some holidaymakers at the Medolino caravan park managed to get their tents and caravans to higher ground after the park was swamped with water.’
- ‘Campaigning residents have vowed to resist plans to convert a caravan park into a permanent base for mobile homes.’
- ‘Travellers have set up home in a Ryedale car park - while a purpose-built caravan site nearby stands almost empty.’
- ‘The families were then all visited by a man to book the holiday, and completed authentic looking documents from the caravan park, paying the full payment for the holiday.’
- ‘And if that wasn't bad enough, the boat was secured against the caravan park where his ex-wife and daughter live with the park's owner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.