One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or characteristic of the naturalistic realism and use of dramatic light and shade of the Italian painter Caravaggio.‘the naturalistic power of Caravaggesque light’
- ‘He breaks free from Caravaggesque tenebrism and places the still realistic figures within a clearly defined and dramatically lit architectural interior.’
- ‘An enthusiast for modern naturalism, he had a remarkable gallery of Caravaggesque works.’
- ‘Her Caravaggesque style and technique had been learned in Rome directly from her father.’
- ‘There is none of the heightened realism associated with the Caravaggesque artists.’
- ‘He commissioned a group of Caravaggesque paintings for his gallery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.