One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Indeed, all of Graham's proud, flawed characters are stunningly and utterly flawed, and they steal the reader's captivation.’
- ‘While the plot is said to be more complicated than before, the enhanced special effects are expected to maintain the captivation of children and adults alike.’
- ‘It was not her long curls, her lovely figure, or full lips in a constant half smile, nor was it her gentle voice, unusual propriety, or sweet sincerity which held the unruly pirates in captivation; it was her eyes.’
- ‘Tangentially our society experienced a burgeoning captivation with science and technology, and became increasingly enamored with an efficiency-model of infant feeding and care.’
- ‘Hewitt's captivation with nature and with the landscape is aptly supported in the following poem privately published in 1956.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.