One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coated oral medicinal tablet.
pill, capsule, lozenge, pastille, pellet, drop, ballView synonyms
- ‘The recommended dose for over-the-counter use is one caplet every four to six hours up to a maximum of six pills in 24 hours.’
- ‘Look for tablets with at least 1000 mg of AAKG per caplet.’
- ‘Do not store acetaminophen tablets (including caplets and gelcaps), capsules, or granules in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places.’
- ‘Elena smiled and then removed one caplet from the bottle.’
- ‘It is available as a caplet and chewable tablet and is given to dogs by mouth, or by injection administered by veterinarians.’
- ‘Next, the volunteers took garlic caplets twice daily for three weeks.’
- ‘At enrolment, each woman received 15 caplets in a bottle with instructions to take one caplet every night before bedtime.’
- ‘One caplet daily was found to reduce by 32 percent blood levels of C-reactive protein.’
- ‘Pills, powders, caplets, tablets, tinctures, oils and herb formulas can aid good health, but only if they're supplemental to a good diet.’
- ‘Just two caplets and a glass of water alongside your weight training program are all you need to start building muscle now.’
- ‘When it comes to treating the problem, a variety of products such as oral sprays, herbal caplets and homeopathic remedies have been found to be effective in the relief of snoring.’
- ‘If you give the same number of pills or caplets of extra- or adult-strength as of child-strength pills or liquid, you might unintentionally give as much as six times the correct dose.’
- ‘What's the difference between a tablet, a caplet and a geltab?’
- ‘Standard doses of garlic caplets can cut blood levels of the protease inhibitor saquinavir (brand name Crixivan) by 50 percent, according to a study conducted by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.’
- ‘And you may want to wash down those magnesium caplets with a coffee, according to a third study.’
- ‘I had three caplets of Tylenol Cold in the last 18 hours already.’
- ‘Rimadyl is available in palatable liver flavored chewable tablets, as well as regular caplets.’
- ‘I carry little emergency packets in my purse and a bottle of the Citrucel caplets in my overnight bag.’
- ‘With that Galen rushed around the corner, pulling one of the said caplets from his mouth.’
- ‘Excluding the gel caplets, those are only once.’
1930s: blend of capsule and tablet.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.