One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Between those capitulators and the shorters we have more shares in supply than there is demand.’
- ‘They will be remembered, not as the reasonable, mature and statesmanlike figures they imagine themselves to be, but as abject capitulators to power and well-practiced accompanists to reaction.’
- ‘Some of these violent acts will be directed against the targets of non-capitulators that are located within the jurisdiction of the capitulators.’
- ‘He was variously attacked as a capitulator in the hands of the Rothschild bank and an oriental carpet-dealer selling off France's empire on the cheap.’
- ‘The dolphins made it to the beach and the capitulators made it into deep water with minimal disturbance to the circadian rhythms of the seafront dwellers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.