One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The dolphins made it to the beach and the capitulators made it into deep water with minimal disturbance to the circadian rhythms of the seafront dwellers.’
- ‘He was variously attacked as a capitulator in the hands of the Rothschild bank and an oriental carpet-dealer selling off France's empire on the cheap.’
- ‘Between those capitulators and the shorters we have more shares in supply than there is demand.’
- ‘They will be remembered, not as the reasonable, mature and statesmanlike figures they imagine themselves to be, but as abject capitulators to power and well-practiced accompanists to reaction.’
- ‘Some of these violent acts will be directed against the targets of non-capitulators that are located within the jurisdiction of the capitulators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.