One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a financial system concerned with raising capital by dealing in shares, bonds, and other long-term investments.
- ‘This would restore its creditworthiness and access to new commercial credit lines and the capital market.’
- ‘The problem is compounded for Eastern Europe with its weak central banks and underdeveloped capital markets.’
- ‘This can be made to apply to the capital market as well as to the money market.’
- ‘Following the U.S. dollar system, a euro-denominated capital market will be the next target of development.’
- ‘He was credited with having pioneered many financial innovations in the capital markets.’
- ‘The U.S. experienced a surge of foreign investment into its capital markets.’
- ‘At the very least, hedge funds make capital markets more interesting and offer bears a home for their pessimism.’
- ‘War is the alternative to freedom of foreign investment as realized by the international capital market.’
- ‘Operators with sound financial position are able to raise funds through the capital market by issuing debentures.’
- ‘In turn, these cash-starved companies are forced to look to the capital markets for financing.’
- ‘The allocation of credit is nowhere left entirely to private capital markets, for good reasons.’
- ‘Since illegal insider trading takes advantage not of skill but chance, it threatens investor confidence in the capital market.’
- ‘It would also be free to raise finance on the capital markets for its investment programme.’
- ‘The removal of the barriers to free movement of capital should make the capital market more efficient, and this should in turn stimulate investment.’
- ‘He said the bonds would not only increase the loan portfolio to the investors in Zambia but also increase trading activities on the capital market.’
- ‘The capital market needs a present value greater than zero.’
- ‘There is much to be said for companies that raise investment funds in the capital markets.’
- ‘The nation also has further to go to convince investors that its capital markets will remain open if things get dicey.’
- ‘A stable stock market without a speculative climate is conducive to a larger long term investment in the capital market.’
- ‘Such market failure presents a formidable barrier to accessing capital markets for finance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.