One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of a financial system concerned with raising capital by dealing in shares, bonds, and other long-term investments.
- ‘The nation also has further to go to convince investors that its capital markets will remain open if things get dicey.’
- ‘It would also be free to raise finance on the capital markets for its investment programme.’
- ‘The allocation of credit is nowhere left entirely to private capital markets, for good reasons.’
- ‘In turn, these cash-starved companies are forced to look to the capital markets for financing.’
- ‘There is much to be said for companies that raise investment funds in the capital markets.’
- ‘The U.S. experienced a surge of foreign investment into its capital markets.’
- ‘At the very least, hedge funds make capital markets more interesting and offer bears a home for their pessimism.’
- ‘The removal of the barriers to free movement of capital should make the capital market more efficient, and this should in turn stimulate investment.’
- ‘The problem is compounded for Eastern Europe with its weak central banks and underdeveloped capital markets.’
- ‘The capital market needs a present value greater than zero.’
- ‘Since illegal insider trading takes advantage not of skill but chance, it threatens investor confidence in the capital market.’
- ‘War is the alternative to freedom of foreign investment as realized by the international capital market.’
- ‘Following the U.S. dollar system, a euro-denominated capital market will be the next target of development.’
- ‘Such market failure presents a formidable barrier to accessing capital markets for finance.’
- ‘This would restore its creditworthiness and access to new commercial credit lines and the capital market.’
- ‘This can be made to apply to the capital market as well as to the money market.’
- ‘He said the bonds would not only increase the loan portfolio to the investors in Zambia but also increase trading activities on the capital market.’
- ‘A stable stock market without a speculative climate is conducive to a larger long term investment in the capital market.’
- ‘He was credited with having pioneered many financial innovations in the capital markets.’
- ‘Operators with sound financial position are able to raise funds through the capital market by issuing debentures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.