One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The statutory minimum reserves of capital which a bank or other financial institution must have available.
- ‘It should be a first-class bank with solvency and liquidity corresponding to the Bulgarian National Bank's criteria for capital adequacy, and enjoy the trust of the general public.’
- ‘It has also set a September 30 deadline to complete a shareholding restructuring, and must boost its capital adequacy to 8 per cent by year-end to qualify for the share sale.’
- ‘The report notes that Bulgaria needs to align to the EU legislation on capital adequacy, e-money and financial conglomerates.’
- ‘Firms must improve their capital adequacy - in layman's terms, they have to keep more cash in the bank.’
- ‘The capital adequacy of the bank stood at 16.25 per cent, asset coverage was 15.91 per cent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.