One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A joint made between two pipes by putting their ends into a fitting that is only slightly larger than the pipes and filling the gap with molten solder.
- ‘The solder will not flow by itself into a capillary joint.’
- ‘Whilst soldering capillary joints with a blow torch, the plumber caused a fire which extensively damaged the hotel.’
- ‘The maximum size of the gap for a capillary joint lies between .005 mm and 0.2mm.’
- ‘Special copper tube fittings designed for refrigeration service should be used since these are manufactured with close tolerances to assure tight capillary joints in the brazing process.’
- ‘The head compression unit can easily be added if you use capillary joints for assembling the column.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.