One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A joint made between two pipes by putting their ends into a fitting that is only slightly larger than the pipes and filling the gap with molten solder.
- ‘The head compression unit can easily be added if you use capillary joints for assembling the column.’
- ‘Special copper tube fittings designed for refrigeration service should be used since these are manufactured with close tolerances to assure tight capillary joints in the brazing process.’
- ‘The maximum size of the gap for a capillary joint lies between .005 mm and 0.2mm.’
- ‘The solder will not flow by itself into a capillary joint.’
- ‘Whilst soldering capillary joints with a blow torch, the plumber caused a fire which extensively damaged the hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.