Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for capillarity
- ‘Other teams are striving to control their fuel cell's operations by using solely passive processes, such as evaporation, diffusion, and capillary action.’
- ‘In resting insect tissues, tracheoles are typically filled with liquid drawn by capillary action from the surrounding tissue.’
- ‘Later it reappears, floating on water in an example of surface tension or indicating the diameters of glass tubes in a demonstration of capillary action.’
- ‘Water can be drawn into a building by capillary action.’
- ‘The capillary action of the water serves to retain the sand particles, and water seeps may form.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.