One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A cup of white vinegar or one capful of eucalyptus oil may be added to the soapy water as a disinfectant and freshener.’
- ‘For vinyl or linoleum, add a capful of baby oil to the water to preserve and polish.’
- ‘I like to incorporate a capful of liquid wetting agent into the water when I am feeding my annuals, vegetables, pot plants and hanging baskets with soluble fertiliser.’
- ‘I whipped the heavy cream into a fluffy cloud, adding three capfuls of vanilla for flavoring.’
- ‘The next stage is to soak them for a day or so in a diluted solution of household bleach (say two pints of water to a capful of bleach).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.