Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sleeve extending only a short distance from the shoulder and tapering to nothing under the arm.
- ‘The sleeves were small cap sleeves that looked like they just came out of the front and back and wrapped over her shoulders.’
- ‘Wear it as a scooped cap sleeve or as a high/wide neck cap sleeve.’
- ‘She took her bath, then dressed carefully in a little black dress with cap sleeves, a v-neck that showed a hint of her cleavage, and fell to just above her black silk stocking covered knees.’
- ‘It's a fall wedding, so small cap sleeves would work best, or thick straps and possibly a sweater.’
- ‘Or take scissors to one - cropped top with cap sleeves and sweetheart neckline.’
- ‘If not, go for cap sleeves or a long sleeve top that shows a little cleavage.’
- ‘I was a modest late-teen; cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline were its worst sins.’
- ‘‘A sleeve really gets in the way of the windmill movement, with a cap sleeve there's a lot more freedom to move,’ he concluded.’
- ‘Her dress was pale blue, knee-length, with cap sleeves.’
- ‘Yet here she was, in lemon chiffon, one cap sleeve hanging askew off a farmers-tanned arm and her dyed pumps in hand.’
- ‘That shows in the way he's made cardigans subtly interesting by lining them with a print that will relate to a skirt, or designing blouses with flattering, fluttery cap sleeves.’
- ‘Soft detailing such as asymmetric draped hemlines, delicate pleating and cap sleeves are in a variety of fabrics: soft organza, silken wools, rubber and foam.’
- ‘Cut off the bottom seam, then trim sleeves at an angle to make cap sleeves.’
- ‘It was gorgeous; pale blue silk with an off-the-shoulder bodice and cap sleeves, the neckline was trimmed with ribbons of a darker blue.’
- ‘Wrap dresses are flattering for fuller figures, and cap sleeves are great if you're concerned about your arms.’
- ‘For day, he showed wool suits with short belted jackets and three-quarter length sleeves and silk dresses with cap sleeves.’
- ‘This pure silk top gathers in the front and has split, cap sleeves.’
- ‘Twist the cap sleeves up for a goddess look, wrap the belt around your neck for a plunging halter neckline, or fold the whole thing down for a flowing, romantic skirt.’
- ‘Made of preshrunk heavyweight 6.5-oz. 100% ringspun cotton 1x1 rib, this style has bound-on self trim neck and sleeve hem, double-needle bottom hem, cap sleeves, fitted silhouette and side seams.’
- ‘Shoulders look strong yet feminine in cap sleeves, while the lengthening effects of a monochromatic look are undeniable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.