One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What of the televangelists who promise to cure everything from cantankerousness to cancer, in exchange for a generous ‘love offering‘?’
- ‘Giving readings was seen as an embarrassment, and generations of German poets were proud to fumble around in sullen cantankerousness.’
- ‘I think modern parents will empathise with him, I really do, if people really listen to this play, but because of his attitude and his cantankerousness he may not get sympathy.’
- ‘Yet for all her cantankerousness, the woman had fed her and given her a job, and for the first while a place to live.’
- ‘It amuses primarily thanks to Newhook, largely because he plays his character with the lightest touch, investing Vallis with a believable cantankerousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.