One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Spanish region of Cantabria or its inhabitants.‘the central Cantabrian coast’
- ‘Last year, a group of researchers explored the prehistoric art at the Cantabrian Caves in Spain.’
- ‘It's probably advisable to push southwards following the track over the Cantabrian border.’
- ‘The Cantabrian beaches of the north are enormous and popular.’
- ‘He is currently excavating a large cave site in the Cantabrian Mountains of northern Spain.’
- ‘He was a man of the Cantabrian Mountains and coast round Santander.’
A native or inhabitant of the Spanish region of Cantabria.‘a local Cantabrian’
- ‘This sweet village makes a fine day trip from Santander and is a popular summer retreat for wealthy Cantabrians.’
- ‘The kingdom of the Cantabrians was in part overturned by Moorish occupation.’
- ‘Augustus was preparing a campaign against the Cantabrians.’
- ‘In 1575, the Spaniard Juan de Escalante de Mendoza, a Cantabrian, finished the composition of his work.’
- ‘The foundation of the new colony was a result of the end of the wars against the Cantabrians in the north of Hispania.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.