One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Spanish region of Cantabria or its inhabitants.‘the central Cantabrian coast’
- ‘It's probably advisable to push southwards following the track over the Cantabrian border.’
- ‘He was a man of the Cantabrian Mountains and coast round Santander.’
- ‘Last year, a group of researchers explored the prehistoric art at the Cantabrian Caves in Spain.’
- ‘He is currently excavating a large cave site in the Cantabrian Mountains of northern Spain.’
- ‘The Cantabrian beaches of the north are enormous and popular.’
A native or inhabitant of the Spanish region of Cantabria.‘a local Cantabrian’
- ‘This sweet village makes a fine day trip from Santander and is a popular summer retreat for wealthy Cantabrians.’
- ‘The foundation of the new colony was a result of the end of the wars against the Cantabrians in the north of Hispania.’
- ‘The kingdom of the Cantabrians was in part overturned by Moorish occupation.’
- ‘Augustus was preparing a campaign against the Cantabrians.’
- ‘In 1575, the Spaniard Juan de Escalante de Mendoza, a Cantabrian, finished the composition of his work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.