One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce a cannula or thin tube into (a vein or body cavity)‘a jugular vein was cannulated to allow drug administration intravenously’
- ‘The left lower forelimb vein was cannulated for intravenous administration of anesthesia and pancuronium bromide.’
- ‘After anesthesia with pentobarbital sodium (70 mg/kg, intraperitoneal), each animal's trachea, carotid artery, and jugular vein were cannulated.’
- ‘Therefore, a left groin incision was made under local anesthesia and the left common femoral artery and vein were cannulated.’
- ‘He then unsuccessfully attempted to cannulate the umbilical vein.’
- ‘The hepatic vein is cannulated and a tract created through the liver parenchyma from the hepatic to the portal vein, with a needle under ultrasonographic and fluoroscopic guidance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.