One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce a cannula or thin tube into (a vein or body cavity)‘a jugular vein was cannulated to allow drug administration intravenously’
- ‘He then unsuccessfully attempted to cannulate the umbilical vein.’
- ‘The hepatic vein is cannulated and a tract created through the liver parenchyma from the hepatic to the portal vein, with a needle under ultrasonographic and fluoroscopic guidance.’
- ‘After anesthesia with pentobarbital sodium (70 mg/kg, intraperitoneal), each animal's trachea, carotid artery, and jugular vein were cannulated.’
- ‘The left lower forelimb vein was cannulated for intravenous administration of anesthesia and pancuronium bromide.’
- ‘Therefore, a left groin incision was made under local anesthesia and the left common femoral artery and vein were cannulated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.